There are two types of visas a Swiss national can obtain, a tourist visa or a business visa.
How to apply for a tourist visa:
- If you intend to stay in a hotel, then the hotel will send you your visa. You will receive a copy of your visa by fax or email and the original one will be added to your passport upon your arrival in Kuwait.
- If you are invited by a Kuwaiti citizen, there are two ways to obtain your visa:
- The person inviting you to Kuwait has to issue the visa and send it to you by fax or email.
- The person inviting you has to send an invitation letter to the consulate by fax, and after the consulate has received an approval from the Ministry of Interior of Kuwait, the visa can be issued. (A process which takes 7-10 days.)
How to obtain a Business Visa:
- The company inviting you should arrange for your visa, and upon arrival in Kuwait, it is given to you at the airport.
- In a case that the company doesn’t arrange the visa for you, you can obtain one directly upon arrival at the airport in Kuwait as long as you have your official invitation letter with you from your company in Kuwait.
This is the case for citizens of the following countries: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and the Vatican. In addition, nationals from Australia, Brunei, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore and South Korea in Asia, as well as those from the United States of America and Canada.
- If you are not a citizen of the above-mentioned countries and your inviting company does not arrange for your visa, you can obtain it from our consulate.
Documents necessary to obtain a visa:
- One visa application form filled in and signed [Download Form]
- One photo
- Passport valid for at least 3 more months.
- An envelope with stamp (addressed) to resend the passport.
- A certificate of your company mentioning the activities of your society as well as a letter or fax of your Kuwaiti contact, signed by a Kuwaiti citizen and addressed directly to our consulate, confirming your arrival to Kuwait.
- For foreigners (not Swiss nationals) a copy of their residential permit.Please notice that the cost of the visa is depending on your nationality. A tourist visa is valid to enter Kuwait State within a month from its issuance for single entry.The tourist visa allows its holder a temporary stay for maximum of 3 months stating from the entry date. If you have any questions please call or write to the embassy visa office